Monday, March 2, 2009
CTK Youth Group Sledding
February 28, 2009 Christ the King Lutheran Church Youth Group went sledding at Meadowood Speech Camp up near Tollgate, OR. There was 34 members that made it sledding. It was a great day, sunny and not to cold. We rented a cabin so that when people got tired of sledding they could get in out of the cold and have a warm lunch.
I love looking at ELK's facial expression he makes while sledding. Almost every picture I took of him it was different. 
Here Elk is with KK having fun sledding double.


ELK and KK had a great day sledding together. They climbed up the hill so many times that by the end of the day they were worn out. Which is very unusually for KK since he is the Energized Bunny in disguise.
Even Rick took a few runs. He spend most of the day replacing old heaters that did not work in cabins up there. The Elk's Lodge is a big sponsor of the Camp and have two big work parties a year to help maintain the place. The camp also calls upon members for assistance at other times when needed. Rick is the man they call when they have electrical problems.
At one point in time I handed the camera to ELK and took a few runs while he took photos. The older I get the more I look like my mother, I think at least.
It was a great day! ADK did not get to join inthe fun because he was in Moscow, Idaho at the Lionell Hampton Jazz Festival with the Jazz band from school. Hopefully I will get some photos from a parent that went. ADK had a great time at the Jazz Festival. He can't wait for the next one in a few weeks over in the Portland area.
Labels:
sports
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment