Friday, September 11, 2009

Fair entries

I entered items in the fair this year. This is a first for me at this fair and also as an adult. I did it so that I could get a free gate pass into the fair. A bunch of us scrapbookers talk about it every year but I never get around to it. This year I made it a priority and glad that I did. This is a photo that I took at Wallowa Lake last January when we were over there for a wrestling tournament. It was late in the afternoon and the boys were tossing rocks into the lake. The sun was just starting to set behind the hill when the ray appeared across the lake. I was really please with how the photo turned out. The judges comments were good composition and contrast. Bad matting, floppy. I did not have the photo professional matted since the photo is going a scrapbook.

This is a photo mosaic I made of Evan's football season last year. I took a class last fall at Creative Keepsakes Convention in Seattle and learned the photo mosaic technique. I really like the out come and so did the judge. Got first place.

No comments: