Monday, December 6, 2010

Piglets are here!

 We found pigs just outside of Basin City, Wa North of Pasco. Rick and Jerry went yesterday to pick the little guys up. 5 of them are a Hampshire cross and one is a Yorkshire cross. They are the cuties little guys. One of them is much smaller that the rest. He was only $10 and we plan to have a group BBQ with him when he gets bigger. I have named him Wilbur. He is the one in the middle and is about half the size of all the others.

1 comment:

Krystal L. said...

OK, I'm dying for a lesson on pig farming. Do you guys do it for 4H or personal use? If we end up having to live in Mexico for a long period of time, Jose has decided he wants to be a pig farmer but I haven't the faintest idea how one gets started. Did you guys read books first or ??